Ads by Nuffnang

Thursday, April 2, 2009

I got a new job......FINALLY!!!

Finally, my hunt for a new job came to an end 2 days ago. I am gonna leave a certain MNC that helps us in polluting mother earth and uses something that we can find on the beach as its logo.

My new paymaster is a new company associated with a certain local no frills airline. They are just getting their feet wet in the cellular industry. For me personally, it is a fresh start and an opportunity to gain experience and marketable skills. The pay is okay to. Mind you that I am getting married in July. This year!

Back to the day of my interview. It was kinda funny though. A whole string of mishaps on that day dumbfounded me a bit. Yet I got the job. Alhamdulillah.

It started off with me going to the wrong building. Mind you that I was using my GPS from my phone in finding this place, yet I got lost. Doofus. Yup. Me = Doofus.

Then, by the time I realised I made that boo-boo, it was already 10 minutes before the interview. I was running back to my car.

Now. I am sweating from the running. Kesah habis (KEtiak baSAH = kesah)

I was now speeding to the place. Then, I realised that the building was only besides the futsal place the guys from office play at every friday. In that instant, I now dont have an excuse of not joining my soon to be ex officemates for FridayFutsal sessions. Nevermind. I got an interview to go to.

I arrived at the place. Now 15 minutes late.

I was buzzed in. Given a perli baik punya by the HR guy "ingatkan tak datang tadi", he said. I shrugged it off and just gave a half hearted smile.

Well, after filling in the usual forms for interviews, the interview started.

The panel that were there to grill me was the CFO and the HR guy. But, surprise surprise. The CEO of the company conveniently just stepped in and joined in the session. Damn.

The interview lasted for about an hour and then as usual it ended with "we'll call you in a couple of days".

I thought I blew my chance. I was late + sweating + nervous = disaster interview.

Then, when I came back to my car, the futsal place owners stuck a big "NO PARKING, PRIVATE PROPERTY" sticker on my car's windscreen. It was stuck there real good. I tried to get most of it off, but no use. What to do. I drove off.

Then a call came in. "Affendi, we are hiring you. Come and get your offer letter tomorrow." I remembered just replying, "thank you".

I was grinning like a fool the whole journey back...hehehe..

4 comments:

Comment here