Ads by Nuffnang

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Where Did You Went Wrong With Your Blog?


Not You....But Your Blog Do Suck..Big Time!!

You check your traffic and what you see are pathetic numbers that even make your grandmother be ashamed to look at you or even disown you as her grandson. There must be a reason why you are not getting more readers and I mean quality readers & followers.

Most of the reasons maybe because of the following reasons, so pay attention.

Reason 1: You Copy and Paste
People call this "content syndicating". This is when you copy & past lame articles from site such as www.goarticles.com or www.ezine.com for example. You shouldn't being doing this you schmuck. Come up with some original content and get real.

Reason  2: You Can't Write To Save Your Life
I am not talking about your content. It is awesome even (unless you did Reason no 1, then you're back to being a schmuck). Your writing is littered with mispelled words, typos, wrongly using or not using reading marks and other mistakes.

This shows you give a rats behind about your readers. You don't care that they'll be scratching their heads trying to figure out the words you are trying to say. You just want to meet your daily posting quota. You schmuck (I really like that word).

Reason 3: You Post Once A Week (or even ONCE a month....damn!)
Your readers would not be coming running reading your blog if you can't even update it at least 2 or 3 times a week. So, get your brain juices running and blog and blog some more.

Reason 4: Having Less is Sometimes Better
You don't need to have different type of colors for each word in your post. Keep the colors to a minimum and your readers would thank you for it.

Reason 5: You Already Have A Clock and Calender on Your Windows Desktop......USE IT!!!
It annoys me when I open a blog and see a clock, a calender and what other none sense on it. When you put too much widgets on your blog, it will be heavy and making uploading slow for your readers. This applies to blog templates too.

You see this at the right bottom of your screen? Use it!

Reason 6: Your Favourite Tune Made Me Spilled My Drink
I hate it when I open a site and then "Oops I did it again" started blaring like mad and made me spill my coffee. If you really want to put your favourite song on your site, please not Autoplay it. If we wanna listen to it, we'll play it. Kapish? Good.


Reason 7: Your Blog Is Boring
There. I have said it. Write for your readers if you want traffic and returing readers.


Reason 8: I Can't Find Anything Here
Just put an archive function, a label function or a search box. Ditch the clock and calender and put them in instead.


Reason 9: Put Some Pictures in and Don't Forget to Put in Some Paragraphs While You're At It Will You
Words, words and more words. Put in one or two pictures to rest your readers eyes. Visual aids would help alot.

Don't forget to paragraph your postings. We don't want to read endless of never ending words eventhough it's interesting.


Reason 10: Your Template Looks Like That Other Blog I Saw Before

Try to create a unique look to your blog. The template mught be simple but a few widgets (no clocks, no calenders) or pictures might spruce it up a bit.

So, is your blog have any of these? If it does, then do something about it. But whatever it is, keep on chugging....umm..I mean blogging.



5 comments:

  1. Hi there, I gave u the 30th nang. I think I've shunned those blogging taboos you mentioned in the post. u can visit my blog @ http://isaac-lee.blogspot.com

    And yes indeed, I find the 'extra gadgets' point and the part of 'fav tune' very relevant. it irks me to hear some music i don't like blasting through my comp. i used to have imeem, where u click to hear songs on my playlist, but now that it's gone, i excluded music alr.


    p.s. your title should be "where did you GO wrong..." instead of WENT

    No offense, but maybe u can correct it cos it's pretty obvious

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it all depends on the author's intent at the first place. Did he/she create the blog for anybody to actually read it or is the blog meant to serve as a way to vent out his inner creativity/frustration/etc. Some people could care less about traffic, they did it because they like or need to write, perhaps to get out of the routine boredom they have in their life. If it is so, all of your 10 reasons above doesn't apply.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I agree. Btw, does nuffnang ads or google adsense earn you more money?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Isaac & Vuel (I think I know you Vuel) for your input. Yup, this entry is more towards those that are focused on traffic as I mentioned in the 1st line of this entry.

    I know that most of the bloggers dont really care whether they earn money from this or even the traffic figures even.

    Anyways, I'll take your opinion on board. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Comment here