Ads by Nuffnang

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Credit to Lembaga Pungutan Zakat Selangor




As a muslim, we are always told to pay our dues or zakat (zakat pendapatan & zakat harta) in order to cleanse our income, savings and property. Zakat is the Islamic way to contribute to the poor and unfortunate through paying to the proper channels & authorities. Another good thing about paying your zakat pendapatan is that it is a tax deductable item when you do your tax returns in April. This is provided that you pay it before 31st December 2009.

So, I went to pay my zakat on the last day (31st Dec 2009), as usual. Procrastinating is bad, I know. The Lembaga Zakat Selangor office is just a 5 minute drive from my place, so I dropped by on my way to work anticipating for at least 1 hour of waiting before being able to pay my zakat.



Bangunan JAIS.....in front of Masjid Negeri Sultan Salahuddin Abdul Aziz Shah

To my surprise, I drove in, parked my car, took my number and paid my zakat in only 20 minutes. That is even taking into account the pleasant lady staff helping me calculate how much I needed to pay. She was very calm and helpful eventhough the place was full of people.

Complaints and bad reviews are always what we hear when people deal with government or in this case local authorities. But I am giving two thumbs up to the people at Lembaga Pungutan Zakat Selangor (LPZS) for their efficiency and service with a smile approach. I hope I will get the same treatment when I deal with another government branch in the future.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment here