Ads by Nuffnang

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Shyet-Li's Kopitiam @ Jaya 33 Section 13 Petaling Jaya

 
Shyet-Li's Kopitiam that I went is situated at Ground Floor, Jaya 33, Section 13 Petaling Jaya (opposite the demolished Jaya Supermarket @ Sect 14 PJ). I knew later that they have the main branch in Great Eastern Mall, Ampang, Kuala Lumpur.

It's a chinese styled kopitiam and its menu consist mostly of Asian delicacies. The food is halal, so no worries for Muslim patrons. You can have breakfast, lunch, hi tea and dinner or even just drop by for a casual drink. It is suitable anytime.

There is ample parking space at Jaya 33, so finding parking space would be a breeze. Then, you can take a lift to Shyet-Li's Kopitiam (ground floor).


The kopitiam's decor is styled according to the old coffee shops, which to me the best ones were in Ipoh.There would be an old bicycle at the door and framed pictures hanging on the walls. But you dont eat decorations, paintings or even bicycles when you go to these places. Service, prices and most important of all, the food is what you look out for. But the cosy decore and ambience sets your mood.





Once you're seated, a staff will immediately attend to and will take down your order and they are most helpful in explaining the available options on the menu to you. The prices are reasonable and the menu describes each dish from the starters to desserts in detail. So you would know what you would be ordering and can also make requests.




I had the Nasi Goreng Kampung with Satay. The satay wasn't put on sticks but presented as satay bits. The rice and satay were rightly proportioned with some fish chips (keropok ikan) on the side. To wash it down, I had some Cham Ice. The cham was just nice, not too sweet and yet tasty. The Nasi Goreng was priced at RM 12.50 and the iced cham at RM 3.80, which I  think is reasonable when you are left satisified at the end of your meal.


Nasi Goreng Kampung with Satay

Nasron (my collegue at Tune Talk) had Uncle Dory's Catch. It was fragrant rice with garlic fish which I think looked really nice and it tasted even better. Nas also had the Cham Ice. The price for the Uncle Dory's Catch was RM16.90.
 


Uncle Dory's Catch

Other tasty dishes that are available are

Roasted Chicken with Mixed Veggies



Gado-Gado

Nasi Ayam Special with Roasted Chicken


Hot Kopi 'O'

(The pictures were taken with my E71. Please excuse the quality of the pictures)





3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Disagree, tried it yeaterday and its awful food and awful service..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ηello! Sоmeone in my Μyspace group sharеd this website with us
    so I cаme to take а look. I'm definitely enjoying the information. I'm book-marking and wіll be tweetіng thіs to my followers!
    Superb blog and greаt style and ԁеsіgn.


    My weblog Ulusal Gazeteler

    ReplyDelete

Comment here